Pages

Tuesday 25 February 2014

The meaning of empathy


WALT: Comprehend concepts related
to mental health and emotional promotion.
What is empathy?  A word that mean putting yourself in another person shoe and also understanding how they feel.

Why is it important to show empathy toward others? To show that you care and that you are a good person and making friends with them.


What does that have to do with empathy? Caring for them and understand what they feel and to also make them feel conformable.
     
What can you do to show empathy toward another person? Showing them a good and caring attitude toward them.

Make a popplet or Google drawing a displaying ways that you can reach out to others.


Think of a time when you hurt someone’s feelings. Describe what happened.  When my sister was being smart I was calling her names and then she cried when she was crying I was scared that my mum might give me a hiding.

How did you know you hurt the person’s feelings? Is once she was going to cry and when she did her sad farinaceous that she was going to cry.
How did you feel about the situation? When I said sorry and and stuff I really meant because it was really mean and once I said Sorry I was sad and happy at the same time because I apologize. Then she went happy again and I was playing with her.
What did you do to make the situation better? By apologizing to her and patting her on that back and started playing with her and then she was happy again. But when we went bored we went and played with my cousin.

Discuss how you think your school would change if all of the students showed empathy toward each other. If people show empathy toward each other I think this school will be a very good school. But since they are people bulling I think it would be a very bad school.
Do you think it would be a big change or a small
change? I think it would be a big change Why do you think so? Because some of the people are bullies.And they are always saying hurtful things about people and also doing silly things but not also to the student but also to the teachers.


2 comments:

  1. Great popplet Ramonadel, it's great to see you have included understanding how people feel as an example of empathy. Keep up the good work!
    Miss Clark :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment Mrs Clark

    ReplyDelete